Chromebooks at Pioneer
Your guide to policies, usage, forms, FAQs and where to go when you need HELP!
For all Pioneer Elementary students and parents: Is your Chromebook in need of repair or are you needing technical help? Come down to the Media Center or if you're in Distance Learning, fill out this form ASAP: https://forms.gle/DVFKE8c4UzeuKoK46
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE FOR THE 2020-21 SCHOOL YEAR:
- ALL: Read the Chromebook, Discipline, and Social Media/Internet Use Policies located under the Chromebook Policies and Forms tab on this page.
- 5th Grade: Fill out this online Chromebook Policy, Insurance and Social Media Signature Page. If purchasing the optional insurance, pay the $79 fee online here which will cover the Chromebook until the end of 8th grade. This covers unintentional damage to the Chromebook for 4 years as outlined in the policy page.
- 6th Grade: Fill out this online Chromebook Policy, Insurance and Social Media Signature Page. If purchasing the optional insurance, pay the $59 fee online here which will cover the Chromebook until the end of 8th grade. This covers unintentional damage to the Chromebook for 3 years as outlined in the policy page.
- IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO PAY ONLINE, YOU CAN SEND CASH/CHECK with your student in an envelope marked with student name and 'Chromebook Insurance'. Checks payable to ISD 484.
- Students will be able to go home with the Chromebook, protective bag, and charger once the above form is filled out and insurance (if you choose to take out insurance) is paid for. Students not taking out the optional insurance may still take Chromebooks home, provided the appropriate grade-level signature page (see above) is filled out as such. All materials are expected to be returned at the end of the school year. Chromebooks will not be going home over the weekends or holidays.
Chromebook Policies and Forms
How to Work Offline in Google Docs
See video below. Note - when working offline, be sure to have the Google Document that you are working on OPEN when you leave school and LEAVE IT OPEN after you're done working on it at home. Once you come back to wi-fi, it will sync up and save provided you haven't closed the doc or logged of your Chromebook. Steps to turn this function on: Go to your Drive - Settings - Click Work Offline checkbox...
Q: My Chromebook...screen has lines in it/is broken/doesn't hold a charge/missing keys/cracked the case/is MISSING....etc, etc, etc...What should I do?
A: Media Center - come on down! Our CSI (computer science interns) students at the high school will take a look at it and repair if they can. We will log the incident and proceed as needed according to your insurance and the policy.
PLEASE COME TO THE MEDIA CENTER FOR ALL YOUR CHROMEBOOK NEEDS!