Pioneer 6th Grade Chromebook 101
Your guide to policies, usage, forms, FAQs and where to go when you need HELP!
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE FOR THE 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR:
- Read the Chromebook, Discipline, and Social Media/Internet Use Policies located under the Chromebook Policies and Forms tab on this page.
- Fill out the online Chromebook Policy, Insurance and Social Media Signature Page
- If purchasing the optional insurance, pay the $20 fee online here.
- IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO PAY ONLINE, YOU CAN PAY CASH/CHECK on the night of conferences.
- Chromebooks will be distributed at conferences, Nov 14 - 15 2017.
Chromebook Policies and Forms
How to Work Offline in Google Docs
See video below. Note - when working offline, be sure to have the Google Document that you are working on OPEN when you leave school and LEAVE IT OPEN after you're done working on it at home. Once you come back to wi-fi, it will sync up and save provided you haven't closed the doc or logged of your Chromebook. Steps to turn this function on: Go to your Drive - Settings - Click Work Offline checkbox...
Q: My Chromebook...screen has lines in it/is broken/doesn't hold a charge/missing keys/cracked the case/is MISSING....etc, etc, etc...What should I do?
A: Media Center - come on down! Our CSI (computer science interns) students at the high school will take a look at it and repair if they can. We will log the incident and proceed as needed according to your insurance and the policy.
PLEASE COME TO THE MEDIA CENTER FOR ALL YOUR CHROMEBOOK NEEDS!